Handcrafted Closed End Olive Wood Pen
Click Image for Gallery
A beautiful closed end pen made out of Olive wood from Bethlehem, Israel. This pen features a wood closed end on both the body of the pen and the cap. The entire pen is hand turned from one piece of wood allowing the wood grains to flow naturally from one end of the pen to the other. This remarkable pen would be a great addition to any pen collection.
This rollerball pen has been handcrafted by turning an Olive wood blank and then finishing it to a smooth polish. All external components are finished with gold. This pen has a cap to expose the pen's tip. The cap may be posted on the end of the pen while writing. It writes very smoothly and easily, and takes Parker style rollerball or gel refill cartridge that may be purchased at any office supply store.
The pen is very stylish and shows well in all lighting conditions. The pen will make a memorable gift for any occasion, such as a Birthday, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Christmas, Graduation Day, Bosses or Secretary Day. These pens also make excellent employee recognition gifts, promotion gifts, and great gifts for a new position or job.
The pen is constructed by hand turning the block of Olive wood to final shape. The pen is then sanded 6 times with progressively finer grits of sandpaper to create a very smooth surface. Several coats of finish are then applied to the pen. The pen is then sanded with micro mesh an additional 9 times with progressively finer mesh to take it to 12,000 grit. After the final sanding the pen is polished for a beautiful mirrored shine.
Replacement ink refills can easily be found at most drugstores and office supply stores. You'll also receive a Certificate of Authenticity with each pen ordered.
The pen in the picture is the one you will receive.
Since each pen is a unique work of art, exact duplicates are not possible. But, we will do our best to make similar pens to this one if you would like multiple pens. Each one will have slight differences; however, they will all be just as elegant as this stunning pen.
Handmade Cap Pen Product Highlights
- Made in the USA by artisan Paul Shay
- Hand turned pen made of Olive wood from from from Bethlehem, Israel.
- Handsome style rollerball pen, great weight and balance
- This pen has a cap to expose the pen's tip. (cap cannot be posted on pen)
What's Included with your rollerball Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the picture shown above
- Includes ink refill
- Includes Suede pen sleeve
- Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on Shay Pens are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe without the use of templates
- Each picture of an in-stock pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most in-stock products will ship within 24 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be the same since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully